The detailed history of the altar remains unknown. The church, which currently exists in Zabierzow Bochenski, was built between 1878-1881 on the site of an earlier wooden church built in 1742. Consecration of the brick church was held in 1888, and was performed by the bishop Albin Dunajewski. The altar in question was referred to as the "Rococo" work in the "Catalogue of monuments of art in Poland". It is possible, however, it appears that it was created later, more probably in the nineteenth century and is a contemporary work to the currently existing church. The work depicting Madonna and the Child, older than the structure of the altar, placed in the main reredos dates back to the year 1620 along with its funders.
Justyna Kuska, "High altar", [in:] "The Sacred Lesser Poland Heritage", 2022, source: https://sdm.upjp2.edu.pl/en/works/high-altar-18