It was painted in 1846 by father Romuald Parszywka, a Dislaced Carmelite from Czerna. Romuald Parszywka, a Dislaced Carmelite from Czerna. It was formerly an element of the furnishings of the first wooden church of Our Lady of Consolation in Budzów which burned down. Franciszek Sobik from Zachełmna saved the painting from the burning church. Currently, it can be found in the high altar.
Maria Działo, "Madonna and the Child (painting)", [in:] "The Sacred Lesser Poland Heritage", 2021, source: https://sdm.upjp2.edu.pl/en/works/madonna-and-the-child-painting-1