The altar was first listed in the inventory of 1927, therefore, it must have been made before that year. It contained a statue of the Most Sacred Heart of Jesus and was named as such. It was later reconstructed, and after 1999 new paintings and statues of Madonna and the Child were mounted there. The altar in question is based on the compositional scheme of a triumphal arch, as it consists of three niches, the central one being twice as high as the side ones, crowned with canopies with turrets.
Paulina Kluz, "Altar in the chapel", [in:] "The Sacred Lesser Poland Heritage", 2021, source: https://sdm.upjp2.edu.pl/en/works/altar-in-the-chapel-2