The wall polychrome in the church in Racławice Olkuskie covers all the walls of the nave, chancel, as well as ceilings. The first mention of the paintings appeared in the visitation records from 1617. In 1783, the condition of polychrome was still reported as quite good. Nevertheless, the paintings were deteriorating with time. In 1839 they were visible only on the ceiling. Ultimately, the polychrome was painted over during the inter-war period, and then re-discovered in the 1950s. Decoration covering the ceiling and roof truss is half reconstruction.
Maia Działo, "Wall polychrome", [in:] "The Sacred Lesser Poland Heritage", 2022, source: https://sdm.upjp2.edu.pl/en/works/wall-polychrome-10