The reredos together with the image of the Transfiguration of Jesus comes from the non-preserved wooden chapel, located near the church, consecrated in 1642. Due to the poor condition, the chapel was demolished, and the reredos was moved to the Church of Saint John the Baptist. It probably took place between 1791 and 1828. The iconography of the image of the Transfiguration of Jesus directly refers to the invocation of the non-preserved chapel.
Maria Działo, "Transfiguration of Jesus ", [in:] "The Sacred Lesser Poland Heritage", 2021, source: https://sdm.upjp2.edu.pl/en/works/transfiguration-of-jesus