Tombstone of Jana Tęczyński

Parish
Tenczynek
Identifier
DZIELO/08808
Amount
1
Catalogue note author
Agata Felczyńska

Abstract

The tombstone of Jan Magnus Tęczyński, which can be seen today in the Tenczynek's church floor, is the second in turn and was funded in 1894 by countess Katarzyna Potocka. It commemorates the last representative of the Tęczyński family, the owner of the property, protector of Piotr Kochanowski and the funder of two monasteries.

Other works from this year

How to cite?

Agata Felczyńska, "Tombstone of Jana Tęczyński", [in:] "The Sacred Lesser Poland Heritage", 2022, source:  https://sdm.upjp2.edu.pl/en/works/tombstone-of-jana-teczynski

Privacy policy