Joachim Lubomirski's tombstone

Place
Tarnawa
Parish
The Blessed Virgin Mary parish in Tarnawa
Identifier
DZIELO/08770
Amount
1
Catalogue note author
Agata Felczyńska

Abstract

The renaissance tombstone of Joachim Lubomirski was made after his death in 1571. Between 1898 and 1930, the upper part was separated from the rest, leaving only the plaque with a figure of the lying deceased. In 2015, it was restored to its original appearance. The deceased was depicted in the Sasnovino's pose – the name comes from the second name of the first sculptor who used it in funerary sculpture.

How to cite?

Agata Felczyńska, "Joachim Lubomirski's tombstone ", [in:] "The Sacred Lesser Poland Heritage", 2021, source:  https://sdm.upjp2.edu.pl/en/works/joachim-lubomirskis-tombstone

Privacy policy