St. Benedict

Identifier
DZIELO/05096
Category
Picture
Amount
1
Catalogue note author
Justyna Kuska

Abstract

The painting of Saint Benedict was purchased in 1872 from carpenter E. Cynkowski in Jasna Góra as a gift from councilors for the vogt of Paczółtowice. Saint Nicholas appeared in the finial of the altar after 1872 and before 1891, replacing a painting of Saint Francis. The work presents Saint Benedict in the traditional iconographic approach in a black Benedictine habit, book of the Benedictine rule and the miter as attributes.

How to cite?

Justyna Kuska, "St. Benedict", [in:] "The Sacred Lesser Poland Heritage", 2022, source:  https://sdm.upjp2.edu.pl/en/works/st-benedict

Privacy policy