St. Anthony of Padua

Parish
Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary parish in Racławice Olkuskie
Identifier
DZIELO/06028
Category
Picture
Amount
1
Catalogue note author
Maria Działo

Abstract

The painting depicting St. Anthony of Padua is located in the final of St. Andrew's altar, from the foundation of father Andrzej Strzałkowski from the years 1700-1703. St. Anthony was depicted in a traditional iconographic type with the Child Jesus in his hand and a branch of lily in his hand - a symbol of chastity. Unfortunately, the attribution and origin of the image is unknown.

How to cite?

Maria Działo, "St. Anthony of Padua", [in:] "The Sacred Lesser Poland Heritage", 2021, source:  https://sdm.upjp2.edu.pl/en/works/st-anthony-of-padua-12

Privacy policy