Five Angels (sculpture in the side altar)

Parish
Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary parish in Racławice Olkuskie
Identifier
DZIELO/06025
Amount
5
Catalogue note author
Maria Działo

Abstract

The sculptures of angels in the St. Andrew's altar come from the time of the founding of the reredoses - 1700-1703, from the foundation of father Andrzej Strzałkowski. The angels show the expression of the capture in impressive gestures, which confirms their eighteenth-century provenance. On the other hand, rigidity of silhouette modelling and the lack of proportions may indicate a provincial workshop.

Persons related to work

How to cite?

Maria Działo, "Five Angels (sculpture in the side altar)", [in:] "The Sacred Lesser Poland Heritage", 2021, source:  https://sdm.upjp2.edu.pl/en/works/five-angels-sculpture-in-the-side-altar

Privacy policy