Pulpit

Identifier
DZIELO/08272
Amount
1
Catalogue note author
Paulina Kluz

Abstract

The pulpit together with other furnishings of the church was created in 1742 but before 1748, as it was mentioned in the visitation records from that year. In terms of architectural structure it is analogous to the pulpit made for St. Anne's Church in Cracow by Antoni Frączkiewicz (1727). A sculpture of an angel from canopy, and perhaps the entire pulpit were most probably created in an unknown workshop in Cracow, which made the high altar with its sculptural decoration in the church in Stryszów.

How to cite?

Paulina Kluz, "Pulpit", [in:] "The Sacred Lesser Poland Heritage", 2021, source:  https://sdm.upjp2.edu.pl/en/works/pulpit-56

Privacy policy