It is possible that the painting was made in the first half of the 17th century, probably before the year 1644, in relation to the establishment of the Brotherhood of the Holy Rosary. Originally it was placed in the procession float. In the discussed work Virgin Mary was depicted as the Queen of the Heavens, as evidenced by the regalia. The same painter who was the author of the discussed painting also made the representations of Our Lady of the Rosary with saints and Brotherhood members in Gaj and of St. Anna Samotrzeć from the St. Bartholomew church in Mogiła.
Paulina Kluz , "Madonna and the Child", [in:] "The Sacred Lesser Poland Heritage", 2020, source: https://sdm.upjp2.edu.pl/en/works/madonna-and-the-child-18