Holy Trinity

Parish
The Holy Trinity parish in Bieńkówka
Identifier
DZIELO/13770
Category
Picture
Amount
1
Catalogue note author
Maria Działo

Abstract

The painting depicting the Holy Trinity, painted by Jan Stankiewicz from Oświęcim in 1895, refers directly to the invocation of the temple in Bieńkówka. Iconographically, it maintains a popular theme in the Christian art depicting God the Father as an old man, Christ with a cross dressed in a red coat with the Holy Spirit's dove floating over him. Originally, the painting was placed in the sliding panel of the main altar, currently it is hung on the north chancel wall.

Other works of this author

How to cite?

Maria Działo, "Holy Trinity ", [in:] "The Sacred Lesser Poland Heritage", 2021, source:  https://sdm.upjp2.edu.pl/en/works/holy-trinity-1

Privacy policy