The first high altar was created in 1859. It comprised the image of St. Alexius with wooden mensa and ciborium - painted on the wall of church. The second altar - more typical, wooden and mural - was built in 1862-1863. It was burnt during winter in 1974. Therefore a provisional altar was set up, and construction of the new one - which is a reproduction of the former altar - was finished in 1979. In its form, it corresponds to side altars being created at the same time as the original altar was made and it is typical of Neo-Baroque art.
Agata Felczyńska, "High altar of St. Alexius", [in:] "The Sacred Lesser Poland Heritage", 2021, source: https://sdm.upjp2.edu.pl/en/works/high-altar-of-st-alexius