Left side altar of Our Lady with the Christ Child

Place
Jurgów
Parish
Jurgów
Identifier
DZIELO/14187
Amount
1
Catalogue note author
Agata Felczyńska

Abstract

The side altar was made between 1770 and 1773. The structure and sculptures were created by the sculptor from Kežmarok –Johann Feeg, a painting on the sliding panel and in the altar finial was made by Imrich Jagušič operating in Spišská Sobota. The reredos was made in the style of the Spis Rococo and is characterised by the exceptional decorativeness highlighted by mirrors filling the main niche.

Persons related to work

How to cite?

Agata Felczyńska, "Left side altar of Our Lady with the Christ Child", [in:] "The Sacred Lesser Poland Heritage", 2022, source:  https://sdm.upjp2.edu.pl/en/works/left-side-altar-of-our-lady-with-the-christ-child

Privacy policy