St. Stephen

Identifier
DZIELO/12057
Amount
1
Catalogue note author
Paulina Kluz

Abstract

The statue of St. Stephen was created in the 18th century and originally belonged to the former furnishings of the wooden church of the Holy Trinity in Jordanów. After a new church was built in 1903, the statue was transferred to the altar in the cemetery chapel. Stephen was one of the seven deacons chosen by the apostles, and died a martyr's death by stoning.

Persons related to work

How to cite?

Paulina Kluz, "St. Stephen", [in:] "The Sacred Lesser Poland Heritage", 2021, source:  https://sdm.upjp2.edu.pl/en/works/st-stephen-2

Privacy policy