The painting "St. Kinga of Poland" was painted by Michał Stachowicz of Cracow in the beginning of the 19th century. The work depicts St. Kinga of Poland, the daughter of Bela IV, the King of Hungary, the wife of Bolesław V the Chaste and the funder of the Poor Clares Monastery in Stary Sącz. Two years later, Michał Stachowicz created a series of other works for the monastery, among others: antependiums, paintings of "St. Clare", "St. John Cantius", "St. Valentine" and others. The painting is displayed in the right side altar, which was originally dedicated to St. Casimir Jagiellon, and then to St. Peter of Alcantara. The altar was funded by the Matusik family from Wieliczka after 1718. It was consecrated by bishop Jan Tarła on August 28, 1721. Before that, the painting was displayed at the altar of St. Kinga of Poland (currently, the altar invokes the Most Sacred Heart of Jesus).
Maria Działo, "St. Kinga of Poland", [in:] "The Sacred Lesser Poland Heritage", 2022, source: https://sdm.upjp2.edu.pl/en/works/st-kinga-of-poland-3