The statues of St. John and Virgin Mary were created around 1500. They were formerly located on the rood beam, flanking the crucifix. They were removed from there and, probably in the 19th century, they were placed on two sides of the chancel arcade again. The statue represents the naturalist trends in the Lesser Poland architecture, characteristic of the period before the influence of the work of Wit Stwosz on the sixteenth-century sculpture art of Lesser Poland.
Paulina Kluz, "St. John the Evangelist", [in:] "The Sacred Lesser Poland Heritage", 2021, source: https://sdm.upjp2.edu.pl/en/works/st-john-the-evangelist-14