The figures of four Evangelists constituted a part of the decoration of the high altar since its construction in 1862-1863. The altar was burnt in 1974 and rebuilt in 1979. It is difficult to determine whether the sculptures have been thoroughly renovated or whether faithful copies have been made. They are characterised by a highly simplified, schematic form, still drawing on the baroque tradition.
Agata Felczyńska , "St. John the Evangelist ", [in:] "The Sacred Lesser Poland Heritage", 2023, source: https://sdm.upjp2.edu.pl/en/works/st-john-the-evangelist-10