Saint Peter Sculpture

Identifier
DZIELO/05048
Amount
1
Catalogue note author
Maria Działo

Abstract

The sculpture of St. Peter was probably created by Andrzej Czesacz and placed on the high altar in 1840. Saint Peter was displayed in a traditional manner, holding two keys to symbolize his authority as Christ's representative, as well as in an oratorical pose of his left hand to reflect his participation in the apostolic mission.

How to cite?

Maria Działo, "Saint Peter Sculpture", [in:] "The Sacred Lesser Poland Heritage", 2021, source:  https://sdm.upjp2.edu.pl/en/works/saint-peter-sculpture-2

Privacy policy