Epitaph plaque of Jerzy Dubiecki

Parish
Raciborowice
Identifier
DZIELO/05948
Amount
1
Catalogue note author
Paulina Kluz

Abstract

The epitaph plaque of Jerzy Dubiecki (deceased 1767) was created in 1795 by his son - Mateusz Władysław Dubiecki. An epitaph plaque in the form of a column or, as in this case, a pillar was extremely popular in the fourth quarter of the 18th century and is characteristic of the Neoclassical period. The empty oval cartouche originally contained a portrait of the deceased.

How to cite?

Paulina Kluz, "Epitaph plaque of Jerzy Dubiecki", [in:] "The Sacred Lesser Poland Heritage", 2021, source:  https://sdm.upjp2.edu.pl/en/works/epitaph-plaque-of-jerzy-dubiecki

Privacy policy