The epitaph plaque is dedicated to Ignacy Stanko (1765-1855), who belonged to one of the richest families in Nowy Targ and was also a member of the City Department. His son. Aleksander Stanko, a respected citizen of the city, obtained the priest's consent to bury his father in the church crypt. He funded there the above epitaph plaque, which is signed by his initials "A. S." The epitaph plaque is characterised by simplicity of form and economy of the means of expression used, which refers to a number of similar commemorative plaques from the 19th century.
Maria Działo, "Epitaph plaque of Ignacy Stanko", [in:] "The Sacred Lesser Poland Heritage", 2023, source: https://sdm.upjp2.edu.pl/en/works/epitaph-plaque-of-ignacy-stanko