The sculptures of Saint Casimir Jagiellon and St. Hedwig of Silesia were placed on the sides of the high altar in 1937. This altar was built after the church fire of 1718, funded by the Grabowski and Luxarowicz families from Wieliczka. Extensive references devoted to the monuments from the Franciscan monastery call the discussed work a statue of St. Elizabeth of Hungary, and the sculpture placed on the other side of the altar – the statue of Louis IX. Both of them were saints of the Third (Tertian) Franciscan Order. In essence, this interpretation is incorrect. The sculpture presents Saint Casimir Jagiellon, the son of Casimir Jagiellon, one of the most popular Polish saints. Unfortunately, archival sources do not reveal the author of the work.
Maria Działo, "Casimir Jagiellon sculpture", [in:] "The Sacred Lesser Poland Heritage", 2021, source: https://sdm.upjp2.edu.pl/en/works/casimir-jagiellon-sculpture