Original wings constituted a part of gothic triptych. The funder of this work is Jan Żak of Zawada. The city in question is located in the neighborhood of Racławice parish. Considering that the church in Racławice was built in 1511, the triptych in question, made much earlier, must have been located in another, nearby church. The wings in question were made in accordance with the inscription on them in 1473 which proves that in case of painting of the second half of 15th century, besides the new direction aiming at realism, idealistic manner of showing reality remained.
Maria Działo, "The wings of gothic triptych are funded by Jan Żak of Zawada.", [in:] "The Sacred Lesser Poland Heritage", 2022, source: https://sdm.upjp2.edu.pl/en/works/the-wings-of-gothic-triptych-are-funded-by-jan-zak-of-zawada