The painting depicts the Our Lady of Perpetual Help – patroness of the sad and the needy. It was made around 1950 and was inserted in the high altar in the church in Wola Batorska. The painting is inspired by the icon that according to the legend was painted by Eastern Orthodox painter S. Lazarro in 11th or 12th century. Currently, it is located in the Redemptorist Church of Saint Alphonsus in Rome (nearby the Basilica of Santa Maria Maggiore). In the 19th century, the image was popularised by the Redemptorists, and then disseminated around the world.
Maria Działo, "Our Lady of Perpetual Help (painting)", [in:] "The Sacred Lesser Poland Heritage", 2021, source: https://sdm.upjp2.edu.pl/en/works/our-lady-of-perpetual-help-painting-1