The sculpture of King David was created at the turn of the 18th and 19th centuries, probably in the workshop of Jan Tuliński, a conventual from Kalwaria Zebrzydowska. The statue was placed on the right gate of the high altar in the church in Brody. It depicts King David (1022-972 BCE), who was a shepherd at his father's house in Bethlehem, then a zither player and a musician at the court of King Saul. He was proclaimed the king of the tribe of Judah, he defeated the Philistines, conquered Jerusalem, moved the capital to this city and brought the Ark of the Covenant there. His victory over Goliath is a prefiguration of Christ, who overcomes Satan.
Maria Działo, "King David ", [in:] "The Sacred Lesser Poland Heritage", 2021, source: https://sdm.upjp2.edu.pl/en/works/king-david