Choir-stalls

Identifier
DZIELO/09001
Amount
2
Catalogue note author
Agata Felczyńska

Abstract

Choir-stalls opposite to each other are located in the chancel of the St. Clement's Church. The benches at the southern wall were created before 1885 thanks to the foundation of the Wieliczka commune, the opposite choir-stalls were funded by Bolesław Szczerbiński between 1898 and 1919. Choir-stalls decoration uses renaissance and mannerist motifs, combining them in the style defined in the 19th century pattern books as "Flemish".

How to cite?

Agata Felczyńska, "Choir-stalls", [in:] "The Sacred Lesser Poland Heritage", 2022, source:  https://sdm.upjp2.edu.pl/en/works/choir-stalls

Privacy policy