The altar is a copy of the baroque reredos, destroyed in a fire in 1932. This work was made by Franciszek Szumala "Goberek" of Ostrowsko in the same year. At that time, the painter Michał Rekucki painted the "Teaching of Mary", which is located at the finial of the altar. In turn, the image of Saint Joseph and the second one of Saint Agnes from a sliding panel located in the centre, are the works of Czesław Lenczowski from 1970. In addition, the altar is decorated with statues of Madonna and the Child in the middle recess and Saint Michael the Archangel at the top of the finial.
Maria Działo, "Southern side altar in chancel area", [in:] "The Sacred Lesser Poland Heritage", 2022, source: https://sdm.upjp2.edu.pl/en/works/southern-side-altar-in-chancel-area