Pulpit

Identifier
DZIELO/13830
Amount
1
Catalogue note author
Maria Działo

Abstract

The pulpit was created probably soon after the construction of temple in 1767. A canopy intrados is decorated with the relief with the representation of the Holy Spirit in a form of a dove. It symbolizes the inspiration of the Holy Spirit the one who speaks. The structure is characterised by rococo decorations, typical for pulpits from that time. St. John the Baptist is portrayed at the pulpit's backboard. He wears camel skin and holds a cross tied up with a white banderole.

How to cite?

Maria Działo, "Pulpit", [in:] "The Sacred Lesser Poland Heritage", 2022, source:  https://sdm.upjp2.edu.pl/en/works/pulpit-62

Privacy policy