Chapel of the Virgin Mary

Catalogue note author
Maria Działo


The chapel was built in 1759 in Biały Potok from the foundation of Wojciech Wilczek. At the top, there is a statue of Our Lady of the Immaculate Conception and the Child. The masonry centre in Biały Potok emerged in the early 18th century. It is possible that he was visited by sculptors from Cracow or Lewocza who were interested in sandstone deposits, the so called "białopotocki" (a proper name derived from the name Biały Potok). It is characterised by exceptionally light colour and excavated at the nearby Mnich mountain.

How to cite?

Maria Działo, "Chapel of the Virgin Mary", [in:] "The Sacred Lesser Poland Heritage", 2024, source:

Privacy policy