Commemorative plaque

Parish
Biały Kościół
Identifier
DZIELO/10926
Amount
1
Catalogue note author
Maria Działo

Abstract

The plaque was created around 1938 in an unknown stonemason's workshop. It commemorates the renovation of the church of St. Nicholas in Biały Kościół, which was made when father Józef Żeliwski was the parish priest and father Józef Długopolski was the assistant vicar. The work is characterised by simplicity of form and sparingly used means of expression, which refers to a number of similar commemorative and epitaph plaques from the 20th century.

How to cite?

Maria Działo, "Commemorative plaque", [in:] "The Sacred Lesser Poland Heritage", 2021, source:  https://sdm.upjp2.edu.pl/en/works/commemorative-plaque-1

Privacy policy