The first record of the Latin name of the village – "alba ecclesia" – can be found in Peter's Pence lists from 1325 to 1327. There was already a parish centre in the village at that time. In the first quarter of the 14th century, a fortress was built on a nearby hill overlooking the valley of the Kluczwoda stream, whose garrison was to protect the old route leading to Silesia. The castle was already abandoned mid-14th century. In 1352, Jan Syrokomla, deputy judge for the Cracow region, who hailed from the Lublin region, bought a hill in Korzkiew, i.e. on the opposite bank of the Prądnik river. On its top he built a castle to serve as a watchtower and a familial residence. In 1389, there was a mention of his heir, Zaklik of Korzkiew – the first owner of Biały Kościół known by name. In the years 1470-1480, Stanisław Korzekwicki of the Syrokomla coat of arms was mentioned as the heir to the village. In 1486, his daughter Katarzyna sold Biały Kościół, along with other villages from the demesne established by her ancestors, to Szczepan Świętopełk of Irządze, Standard-Bearer of Przemyśl. At the end of the 16th century, the estate was owned by Stanisław Ługowski. As late as 1618, it remained in the hands of his heir, Aleksander Ługowski. The next certain record regarding the heirs to Biały Kościół was found in the records of the 1727 visitation, when the village was held by the voivode of Bracław, Michał Jordan from Zakliczyn. During the Partitions of Poland, the village was annexed by Russia. After Poland regained independence, the lost economic and cultural links between the village and Cracow were restored. As early as 1917, a volunteer fire brigade was formed in Biały Kościół. In 1931, a new school building was erected, which hosted German troops during occupation. Currently, the village is developing dynamically – agritourism is flourishing and the village has a folk ensemble and a Communal Culture and Sports Centre.
Emilia Karpacz, "Biały Kościół", [in:] "The Sacred Lesser Poland Heritage", 2021, source: https://sdm.upjp2.edu.pl/en/places/bialy-kosciol-1