Baptismal font

Identifier
DZIELO/01463
Amount
1
Catalogue note author
Agata Felczyńska

Abstract

The 18th-century baptismal font of the church in Górka Kościelnicka was purchased by father Kajetan Kulpiński, who was the parish priest in the years 1775-1796. Decoration of its bowl, known as "chasing," was characteristic of the 16th- and 17th-century art and it has primarily appeared in goldsmithery and as a decoration of baptismal fonts until modern times.

Persons related to work

How to cite?

Agata Felczyńska , "Baptismal font", [in:] "The Sacred Lesser Poland Heritage", 2021, source:  https://sdm.upjp2.edu.pl/en/works/baptismal-font-29

Privacy policy