The baptismal font in Ruszcza belongs to typical works created in the stonemasonry centre in Dębnik near Krzeszowice in the 17th and 18th centuries. The quarries there belonged to the monastery of the Discalced Carmelites from Czerna. The funder of the baptismal font was the parish priest in Ruszcza - Zygmunt Ogończyk, who died in 1679 and was the initiator of thorough restoration work of the temple's interior in 1661-1663. The author of the work might have been Adam Negowicz or Jacek Zielaski, active at that time stonemasons in Dębnik.
Józef Skrabski, "Baptismal font", [in:] "The Sacred Lesser Poland Heritage", 2021, source: https://sdm.upjp2.edu.pl/en/works/baptismal-font-32