Kacwin is one of the oldest villages in Zamagurie, as it was founded during the colonisation of these uninhabited areas at the beginning of the 14th century. The action was led by the Berzeviczy family, who then owned the region with the castle in Niedzica until the middle of the 15th century. Later, the dominion with Kacwin belonged to the Hungarian Zapoly family and the Polish Łaski family, who in 1589 decided to sell the property to the Palocsay family. According to the tax register from 1635, the village was quite large, as there were more than 50 houses in it. In 1670 the Palocsay family pledged part of the estate to the Joanelli family, retaining Kacwin. Unfortunately, later the area of the village was divided between several different owners. After the First Partition of Poland in 1772, the Palocsay family bought the estate again and owned it until 1856. The next heirs of the estate until World War II were the Hungarian Salamon family. Since 1920 Kacwin has belonged to Poland (with a break in 1939-1945). Currently, the village is inhabited by around a thousand people.
Artur Karpacz, "Kacwin", [in:] "The Sacred Lesser Poland Heritage", 2022, source: https://sdm.upjp2.edu.pl/en/places/kacwin-1